Thursday, May 22, 2014

A New Beginning

Hey all, my name is Adam. And this is a blog. Obviously, because you are here you realize that. But what will make this blog different from other blogs is this is about basically anything and everything. Movies, thoughts about religious stuff, books, video games, tv shows, the works. Except no sports, unless it really intrudes into my otherwise not so sanguine existence of part-time work and respect only found when one only is loved by themselves. :-P

Now, another unique thing is that this blog will only be posted on days that I have off from work. So, basically any day I'm not burdened down by work and the constant demand of never satisfied customers and coworkers to stuck on themselves to see the light of day.

The name is based off the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Never watched it, but the title was catchy, so I decided to snag it in part for my blog. Especially since it speaks volumes of what the blog is about.

Now, the fact that I did work today is beside the point. Kinda like Batman meeting Vader on a train.


Again, I mean, it really IS besides the point. Unless the point is indeed Batman meeting Darth Vader. But that is a whole 'nuther thing.

SO. Who am I? Well, first off, I'm the author of this blog, as my words of pungent wisdom would ascribe to only an author.

I had this image of a guy bending over a typewriter and smoke coming out of his ears that would have made a perfect followup for the above paragraph. But alas, no such image existed in the half a minute of scrolling through Google images.

If you've ever read any of my other blogs, you will know a couple things about me. One, I love history, especially military. I am an avid sci-fi fan. But unlike the loser who stills lives with his parents at 40 (which I am not so far old), I instead share an apartment with cousins. Three guys in a one bedroom apartment. YIKES!


I envy these two. At least he has got a babe! All I got is cousins. And it's bad when I'm the pretty looking one.
So prepare for a random blog, kept only sane by sheer willpower and a devilish wit. Thank heavens for the Day OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment